The Jam...

A lot of Realness

Watch Out Now!

Watch Out Now!
Grrr!
Powered By Blogger

Monday, March 29, 2010

Consider this a message to my Mellow in the front seat...

...of the Jeep pumpin' beats for your rump in the summertime, I'm rising to the shine at 12:20...  I just needed to get that off my chest real quick.  I got started writing today and that Title came to mind, then the rest, so you got...something.  Well, time to play catch up, since ya boy has not been so good about updates, but here we go...
     Sorry, I meant to post this last night, but Dan kidnapped me and took me to DBC.  So, I had set my alarm clock for 9 am, so that I could, actually hear it, awake, eat something, and get there on time.  Along with not having done any of these things, I wake up at somewhere's close to One in the afternoon.  I heard my phone ringing, so I then had to get up, locate the thing, and then try to answer it in time.  Well, it didn't happen either.  I converse my a couple of my Homies to see what was thinks about eating Brunch and where.  Well, instead I just go kick it at one of their spots for a bit, and come home to a Raje afternoon Brunch Delight, consisting of a very lite Spinach, Grapefruit and Apple Salad, with a Raspberry Walnut Vinaigrette and some Cinnamon Rasin Toast with a few Orange Slices on the side.  Much better than anything else I would have been able to summon!  I eat, and then one of my Homeboy's Daniel comes by the house to kick it, cause I told him of my tables and he wanted to come by and check them out, which was this instance.  He just throws together a mix that sounds good, and I had no idea that I had the music.  Basically, I just haven't' done a thing with it, where I should have been, but always had something else to do.
     Now mind you my Homboy Karliss stayed here the preceding night, and has been known to mix a record or 2 in his life as well, so he steps up to the plates, and makes it sound good as well!  This all gets me re-interested into the decks.  On another note, I miss Spaz!  I give Nico a ride to work, talk all about how I'm excited again.  In which she was pleased to hear, and told me to go home and get on the grind and figure it out.  I fully had planned on it, but stuff got in the way.  I went by my friend Chuck's house, cause it was such a beautiful day out, we decided to sit in his garage, which is huge, and we had the door open, and were watching this Mockingbird sit perched up on a Crepe Myrtle  mocking 100's of different birds.  We found it quite interesting.  We sit and talk about life, how we have been, my working situation, and just talk.
     Next I went to Aretha's, where I saw one of my friends I had talked to about having a beverage outside on a patio on this lovely day we were encountering.  There I encounter Dahkota, who is this dude that works there, a cool kid, but he gave me some lip about the hair I was sporting on my upper lip, thinking it was a trend-stache, to which I tell him to stuff it, in terms, and go along with my happy day.  From there I go to my Homie's house to kick it at his lawn party he was having for a bit, and then finally home to shower!
     I go to Rhapsody and see the folk down there, who, as always, was great to see.  Then receive a phone call telling me to return to the abode, as this guy was bringing some folk over.  Well I get there and the only person, besides his beautiful 20 year old girlfriend, was this old Red Bird Lady who used to run the O'Charlies in Hixson, or some crap.  Needless to say I was displeased with the outcome of the evening.  Well, the girl asks about one of my Homies, which startled me, cause I had talked to him earlier in the day, and he needed me to do him a favor, that I had totally spaced!  I run to the computer to see if he is on and he is, we talk, and you see he has been trying to sell this Jim-be Drum for sometime now, in order to pay a bill.  She was buying this drum, just had no idea how to get to his house.  Seeing as I was going there anyways, I figured she could come along.  My boy was down, but said not to bring anyone else, cause his place is tight!  Her boyfriend was not really so very down with this.  He tells me that if she's going then he is too.  I tell him of this message he had sent and that I was really just trying to do his girl a favor, and he could whatevs.  They get in a fight, more junk, relationship, yada, yada.
     We get to My Homies and chill for a bit, she gets the drum, and everyone's happy, but her guy, who is calling making sure we're alright and what not.  We kicked it for a bit, and then after a bit we left.  This dude calls me on the ride home!  I didn't answer, of course, and as we drive, she is silent most of the way.  Well we get home and I sat up on the tables until about 5 in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me some Love...